A blog about our crazy life and how we got to where we are...which is nowhere yet! How we lived the American dream in the spur of a moment and are now digging ourselves out of the hole. You will cry, hopefully laugh and take away a little lesson learned from our experiences. At least that's what we hope! Enjoy our blog/life.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Company and a fried ball of Mac n' Cheese!





Howdy everyone! So my good friend just created a new blog called the Peppy Palate and I really never had the desire to cook or bake anything gourmet (I just usually buy it in a box) until I saw her recipes. They are awesome. Just reading them makes my mouth water! (those are my pics above, and this is her much prettier pic down below!)

Moving along, the recipe I had my eye on was the Stuffed & Fried Mac n' Cheese with Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce }Booyah!
This was off the hook (like my lingo?) I mean, at what point in my 'not so much in the kitchen life' would I have ever thought to create something remotely close to this. And believe it or not, I merely pulled it off. I only had a few flubs <-- this would explain why my favorite cookbook is called Cooking for Blonde's First thing I did was put the cayenne pepper in the sauce...iy yi yi! And then I didn't pack my mac balls tight enough and they started to fall apart shortly after I arranged them on the platter to serve. Oh and I can not freaking chop basil for the life of me! Can someone tell me where these pro chefs get their every so dangerously sharp knives? I am pretty sure my knifes are expensive and sharp...I guess it's all in the wrist?
Closing up, hubby loved it guest loved it! Oh and my husband for once did not saturate his meal in olive oil. (he said that he saw how much work I put into it so he thought he would lay off the oil this time) Hello! I put hard work into mashed potatoes! haha

Goodnight friends

No comments: